Public Plans Funding Seminar
April 01, 2009 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Public plans are getting an increasing amount of attention and have recently been the subject of several large scale reports and discussions. Speakers at this seminar examine the funding issues and other challenges currently facing public pension plans in the US. Presenters then focus down on how a disciplined review of funding policies and financial disclosures might both reveal some causes and provide some solutions to those challenges. Included in the discussion is the following:
- Current funding levels and the extent to which these levels may place burdens on future taxpayers;
- Criticisms being voiced concerning public pension plans;
- Causes of public plan underfunding;
- Proposed changes in liability disclosures; and
- Alternatives available to address challenges facing public pension plans.
This half day seminar expands your knowledge and gives you adequate background in the public plans as presenters from various sides of the issues explain what is happening and present their views of relevancy. This seminar is an excellent way to spend a few extra hours after the EA Meeting being brought up-to-date about what is happening in the public arena.
Session Category: Unassigned
Credits: EA Non-Core: 4.20 CPD: 4.20