2017 Professional Standards Seminar
April 02, 2017 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Actuaries are known for the high level of professionalism we exhibit in our practice. We are surrounded by various requirements with which we must comply – the Code of Professional Conduct, Qualification Standards, Actuarial Standards of Practice, and the Joint Board regulations for pension actuaries. Adhering to these requirements benefits us as individuals and members of a respected profession, as well as providing clear benefit to our clients who rely on us for sound actuarial advice.
This seminar is a great opportunity to get an update on new developments in our professional standards and explore with a group of your peers the answers to questions such as:
- How can we be sure that we are meeting these requirements?
- Are our Code and Standards serving their purpose?
- What can I and/or my employer do to mitigate exposure?
- What should I do if I make a mistake?
- What should I do if I know of a breach of the Code or Standards?
- What happens to actuaries who breach the Code or Standards?
Attend this informative seminar on professional standards and actuarial ethics to help you understand how you can help support the integrity of the actuarial profession through an enhanced appreciation of the duties and obligations we bear as professionals. Whether it’s your first time attending, or you are a regular attendee, we promise you’ll find the discussion at the Professional Standards Seminar educational and thought provoking.
Session Category: Professionalism
Credits: EA Core: 2.40 EA Ethics: 2.10 CPD: 4.50